Yield: 4 appetizer portions or 2 first course portions
- 1 1/2 pound whole red snapper
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 fresh serrano chile, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Peruvian Seasoning from Merchant Spice Co.’s Blends of the Americas
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, or to taste (NOTE: Our Aleppo Pepper Seasoned Sea Salt works well with this recipe.)
- 2 garlic scapes (for two servings), the bud portions saved for garnish with the ‘stems’ thinly sliced and added to the ceviche
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Remove the flesh from the red snapper and chop into bite-size pieces. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the garnishes) and chill for at least 4 hours, allowing the fish to ‘cook’ in the acidic citrus juices.
Serve chilled, garnished with the top of a garlic scape and fresh cilantro leaves.