Creamy Lobster Pasta
Yield: 2 generous dinner portions
Creamy lobster pasta ~ a delightful meal made even more perfect with a fruity pinot grigio from Venice alongside. Here’s how you do it …
Ingredients (if preparing for two people; can easily be doubled):
NOTE: T = tablespoon; t = teaspoon
- 1/2 lb. of pasta, cooked, with a portion of the pasta cooking water reserved (NOTE: We prefer pasta made in Italy and chose fettucine for this dish.)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups lobster claw meat, fully cooked
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, whole milk
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 T diced red bell pepper
- 1 T minced fresh garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil (NOTE: We used Sicilian olive oil for this dish.)
- White wine, optional
- Sea salt (NOTE: Fine grained Sicilian Trapani sea salt is a great choice.)
- Crushed red pepper, to taste (Calabrian is nice.)
- Flat leaf Italian parsley, minced (NOTE: Fresh basil or celery leaves are other good options, depending on what you have on hand.)
NOTE: We use about 1/2 lb. of pasta for 2 generous portions and we prefer dried pasta from Italy. In this case, we chose fettucine (pappardelle is a pretty pasta for this dish, too). Cook in salted water until al dente, reserving some of the pasta water.
Sauté diced red bell pepper, minced garlic and diced yellow onion in extra virgin olive oil until crisp-tender. You can reduce a bit of white wine in the pan at this point, if you like. Then add your cooked pasta, a cup or so of ricotta cheese and gently toss together until you achieve a creamy consistency. You can add a bit of the reserved pasta water if you need to loosen up the sauce a bit. Add finely ground Mediterranean sea salt, to taste, along with crushed red pepper flakes.
Next, gently stir in your fully cooked lobster claw meat and heat through with the pasta. Garnish with minced flat leaf parsley (basil or celery leaves are nice, as well). Swirl your lovely pasta onto your plate and serve.
2 Comments Add yours
Yum thank you for sharing
On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 5:46 PM Merchant Spice Co. wrote:
> merchantspiceco posted: ” Creamy Lobster Pasta Yield: 2 generous dinner > portions Creamy lobster pasta ~ a delightful meal made even more perfect > with a fruity pinot grigio from Venice alongside. Here’s how you do it … > Ingredients (if preparing for two people; can easily” >
You’re quite welcome, Angie! Lovely to see you here …